State of Wix SEO in 2021
State of Wix SEO in 2021 – In this article I write about the state of Wix SEO in 2021.
You will learn about Wix’s SEO philosophy, current and new features as well as what lies ahead.
If you want to learn more about Wix and SEO, make sure you check my other article:
This State of Wix SEO post is part of our Wix SEO series, including:
- How to Find Your Wix Sitemap
- Wix and htaccess File
- How to Redirect Pages in Wix
- How to Hide Your Wix Website from Google
- How to Add Structured Data to Wix
- Adding Alt Text to Images in Wix
- How to Edit Wix Page Title and Meta Description
- How to Customise Wix SEO Patterns
- How to Add a Favicon in Wix
- How to Add Google Analytics to Wix
- Free Wix SEO Plugin: Rabbit SEO
If you need help with SEO for your Wix website, make sure you get in touch.
What is Wix’s SEO Philosophy?
When it comes to SEO, Wix has two priorities in mind:
- Protecting beginner users from making mistakes bearing costly consequences (= drop in Google rankings)
- Allowing advanced users to customise ‘as much as possible’
Structured Data and Wix
Wix beginner users can avail of structured data added by default to product pages, bookings, events and more.
Wix advanced users can customise and add custum structured data to static web pages such as homepage, about page, etc.
At present, Wix only supports JSON-LD microdata, which is the one used by Google.
Bulk SEO and Wix
Wix advanced users can customise their web pages’ titles and meta tags in bulk by editing the so-called SEO patterns:
Wix SEO patterns are a combination of variables used to create rules and ensure a level of consistency within pages of the same type in Wix.
Image Optimisation and Wix
Wix beginner users have their images cropped, re-sized and compressed by default.
Wix also supports the WebP image format, allowing for lighter files and faster loading.
This is further enhanced by the use of a combination of lazy-loading and low-quality image placeholders.
State of Wix SEO: Sources
Thanks for reading my article about the State of Wix SEO in 2021!