How to Add Structured Data to Wix (with Video)
How to Add Structured Data in Wix – In this article, I am going to show you how to ad structured data to Wix.
You will learn what structure data is, why it’s important for SEO and how to add it to your Wix website.
This blog post is part of our Wix SEO series, including:
- How to Find Your Wix Sitemap
- Wix and htaccess File
- How to Redirect Pages in Wix
- How to Hide Your Wix Website from Google
What is Structured Data?
Structure data is a way to organise and describe your web page content to search engines.
Google and other search engines don’t understand content in a linear way, or the same way humans do.
For example, if you see a photo of a dog, your brain will automatically process the information and make you understand that it’s the picture of a dog.
To search engines, the picture is a bunch of pixels. Surely, they can compare it to other similar pictures, but still they need more context to understand what the picture is about.
Why is Structured Data Important for SEO?
Structured data is important for SEO because it will help Google and other search engines better understand and rank your content.
It will also help search engines add more information to your search snippet, when users search for your website or company on Google.
How to Generate Structured Data for Wix
To generate structured data:
- Visit https://technicalseo.com/tools/schema-markup-generator/
- Fill out all the corresponding fields
- Copy the newly-generated code
How to Add Structured Data to Wix
To add structured data to Wix:
- From your site dashboard, click on Site Settings > Edit Site
- Click on Menu & Pages from the menu on the left
- Click on the three dots next to the page you want to add structured data to
- Click on SEO (Google) and select the Advanced SEO tab
- Paste your structured data code (see above) in the corresponding field
- Close the popup and click on Publish on the top right of your screen